Friday, April 22, 2005

Father Smith Update: Arrived Fromista

Hi Alicia, Karen, and everyone: Arrrived Fromista this afternoon Friday at 1615 hours. Over 20 miles today. It´s funny, but after my "low" day a couple of days ago, I´ve done more miles each day. Over 20 today. I´m so motivated to do it all. Tomorrow will be the half-way point at "Carrion de los Condes" which I think refers to great Condor birds and their kill. Finishing up to Fromista by a canal I saw this great Condor! He wouldn´t let me get close enough for a good picture. Today went up over another mountain briefly--whew! Beautiful country. Starting a blister under left foot pad, but think I can keep it under control.

Saturday: Carrion de Los Condes
Sunday: Sahagun or close to it!

Closing in on Leon. Everyone´s prayers and support and intentions keep me going. Have truely found my second wind! Need to average 25 to 30k per day to make it to Santiago with time to get to Madrid. Think I can do it.

Love to the whole parish, John+