2005 Holy Week Calendar
Monday, Mar. 21st - Monday in Holy Week
5:30 PM Low Mass (for Nuclear Disarmament)
6:00 PM Lenten Bible Study - Parish Center
Tuesday, Mar. 22nd - Tuesday in Holy Week
8:05 AM Mass (for the lower school grades)
Wednesday, Mar. 23rd - Wednesday in Holy Week
11:45 AM Confessions
12:10 PM Low Mass and Unction (Healing Mass)
7:00 PM Choir Rehearsal - Church
Thursday, Mar. 24th - Maundy Thursday
9:30 AM Sung Mass with Homily (for the School, all are welcome)
7:00 PM High Mass of the Institution of the Lord's Supper, with Sermon, Procession to the Altar of Repose, and Stripping of Altars
Friday, Mar. 25th - Good Friday
Strict Fast and Abstinence
11:00 AM Confessions
11:30 AM Recitation of the Rosary in Honor of the Feast of the Annunciation
12:00 Noon Way of the Cross and Homily
7:00 PM Solemn Liturgy of Good Friday (Fast until after The Vigil)
Saturday, Mar. 26th - Holy Saturday
Special Devotion & Self Denial
8:30 AM Ante-Communion
9:00 AM - Confessions
7:00 PM The Great Vigil of Easter, the Service of Light, and the First High Mass of Easter
Lenten Fast ends - We will break the fast and celebrate with the newly baptized following the Mass.
Sunday, Mar. 27th - The Sunday of the Resurrection: Easter Day
7:30 AM Morning Prayer
8:00 AM Mass with Homily
9:45 AM Godly Play and Child Care
10:00 AM High Mass with Sermon
• Holy Week begins with Palm Sunday - the calendar above lists the complete schedule of services. You are urged to make every effort to attend these most solemn services of the Christian year. These services have a wonderful cathartic effect and will truly make your Easter very joyful and special.
• Altar of Repose - the schedule for a Watch before the Alltar of Repose still has blank spaces. Be sure to sign up to spend some time with Our Lord in prayer and meditation between Holy Thursday and the Good Friday liturgy
• Easter confessions - your preparation for Easter communion should include an examination of conscience and making your confession. This is a traditional and good way to get yourself ready to greet the Resurrection. An introduction and help sheet is available in the rear of the church, and the times of confession are listed within Holy Week Calendar. Please prayerfully consider this excellent spiritual exercise for your life.
• Recitation of the Rosary come pray the rosary Good Friday at 11:30 AM in honor of the Feast of the Annunciation.
• Bring and ring your bells - participate in ringing your very own bells throughout the Gloria (along with a great organ fanfare and singing) at the Easter Vigil service.
• Last Lenten Gospel Study is this Monday evening, with Fr. Joel Ireland, immediately following the 5:30 PM Mass in the Parish Center. This Lenten exercise focuses on the St. Paul's Letters to the Romans. Participants are encouraged to attend the Mass prior to the study.
• Easter Vigil Break-Fast - everyone is invited to break the fast and welcome the newly baptized after the Easter Vigil service in the Parish Center. Special dishes of eggs, sausage, and hot cross buns will be served. Sign up sheet located on the ushers' cabinet.
• Rise and shine! Please note that due to the Easter Vigil service, we will not have the 5:00 PM Mass on the Sunday of the Resurrection: Easter Day.
• Parish Office closed Good Friday and Easter Monday.
Last call for Easter flower donations
- please include your donation in the envelope from your pledge card box or make certain your donation is clearly marked for "flowers." Also everyone is invited to bring flowers to the Altar of Repose anytime during the Watch Before the Altar which in turn will be used to decorate the Church during Easter.