Sunday, April 03, 2011

The Messenger

The April 2011 issue of The Messenger is now available on this blog's sidebar (or by clicking the link in this sentence!). This is the first issue edited by yours truly, with the generous help of former editor Alicia Basemann who has recently retired. The version here incorporates two corrections in the first article, which had typos in the copy that was emailed earlier this week. Oops!

For future issues I'm hoping to revive a feature from a number of years ago, profiling a different parishioner each month. Any volunteers? This parish is full of people who have led interesting lives and given much back to God, the parish and the community. I, for one, want to know more about you all!

Also, I'm looking for your reminiscences and tributes about Father Fowler, whom I never met. His memorial service here will be on Saturday, April 30th at 11 AM. I'd like to be able to compile the parish's memories of our founding rector as a special supplement to the next issue of The Messenger. Please email me at mavarin2 at gmail.com, or to church@stmichael.net if you'd like to contribute to this effort, or to ilaa@mindspring.com in general. Thanks!

Karen