• The Episcopal Church Women (ECW) will meet this Wednesday (February 15th) at 10:30 AM in the Parish Center. All women of the Prarish are welcome and urged to attend.
• The February issue of The Messenger is finally here! Click here or on the sidebar for your copy.
• Sunday, February 19 ~ Social Action Committee regular meeting follows 10:15 a.m. Mass. Join us in the Womble Library where everyone has a voice, and if needed, a vote. Meeting begins promptly, 10 minutes after the Postlude ends. Agenda items: Peggy VanNorman, Chair
• Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper. Join us for PANCAKES! Donations of sausage, syrup, juice and fruit are graciously accepted. Join us February 21 at 5:30 pm ! Taize Prayer service follows at 6:45 pm. All Welcome!
• Save the date ~ Friday, February 24th ~ Movie and Pizza Night. $5.00 per person for a movie, pizza, friendship and fellowship. The movie The Way starring Emilio Estevez and MartinSheen. Sign-up sheets in back of church.
• Attention: Altar Guild Members ~Tuesday, February 21 at 9:00AM, we will be preparing the church for Lent by ironing, changing out linens, etc. We need as much help as possible; if your schedule allows, please come in to assist. Thank you.
• Columbarium Flowers ~ the cemetery will be cleared of flowers for the Lenten Season. Mementos will be left in place. You may remove your own flowers or they will be placed in a box for retrieval later.
• February 26 - Jimmye Hillman publication party (reading, book signing, and reception) at St. Michael’s at 4:00 PM. Sponsored by St. Michael’s, the UA Poetry Center and UA Press. Parishioner Jimmye’s book, Hogs, Mules and Yellow Dogs, a memoir about growing up on a Mississippi dirt farm during the Depression, will be on sale at a discount. Save the date!
• Upcoming event at St. Michael’s ~ Saturday, March 3 at 7:30 pm ~ viola recital by Melissa Hamilton, a member of St. Michael’s Chamber Players. Melissa currently performs with the Tucson Symphony Orchestra and the Tucson Chamber Artists. A free~will offering may be made at the door.
• Sunday Lectionary Bible Study continues twice on Wednesdays – 10:00 AM and 6:30 PM in the Womble Library. All are welcome!
• Women’s Bible Study continues each Wednesday at 6:30 PM in the Parish Center. All women are welcome!
• Adult Bible Study continues each Sunday at 9 AM in the Womble Library. We are currently studying the history of the New Testament. All are welcome!
LENTEN OPPORTUNITY: United Thank Offering – Sharing Blessings Everyday
UTO boxes will be distributed this week and at a later date will be collected. Lent is a great opportunity, as well as other times, for self denial, and then giving to others less fortunate. United Thank Offering is the Mission Outreach of the Episcopal Church. Share your blessings daily and fill the box. Please be as generous as your circumstances will allow.
TIHAN COLLECTION OF ESSENTIAL ITEMS FOR AROUND 80 PEOPLE
SUFFERING FROM HIV/AIDS!
St. Michaels is sponsoring “Poz Café” on the 15th of March. We are collecting toiletries to be handed out at the end of the meal. Shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, toothpaste, individually wrapped toilet rolls, etc. None of which may be bought with food stamps. One brown grocery bag filled with donated toiletries is very much appreciated. If you are able to help, there is the gold “treasure chest” in the back of church where you may place your gifts. (Regular or large sizes are preferred.) Donations may also be brought to the parish office. We thank you for your generosity. Call Tish Newell for more information – 514-8182