• Beginning at 7 pm on Friday in the Student Center: Coffee and More…an evening of fun, treats and entertainment.
• Beginning at 7:30 pm in St. Michael’s Church on Saturday St. Michael’s Chamber Players will present a program for virtuoso string quartet.
• Episcopal School Sunday will be celebrated at the 10:15 AM High Mass. Musical selections will be presented by: St. Michael’s Singing Eagles, Lower School Choir and St. Michael’s Band. The guest homilist for the day will be Margaret Delk Moore, Interim Head of School.
• A delicious “Pancake Breakfast” will be presented by Boy Scout Troop 122 under the direction of Byron Brandon and John Madsen after all morning Masses.
See below for details on both musical offerings.
for virtuoso string quartet
• String Quartet in E flat, Op. 74 (Harp), BeethovenBeethoven’s famous string quartet, Op 74, has many facets that also appeared in his 5th symphony. Mendelssohn composed his remarkable Romantic style Op 13 in 1827 as a result of being inspired by Beethoven’s earlier Classical period work, composed in 1809. Truly a wonderful pairing of related works, linking Classical form to Romantic expression for your enjoyment.
• String Quartet in A minor, Op. 13, Mendelssohn
Members of The Esperanza Quartet are gifted professional musicians who have performed previously at St. Michael’s, with many orchestras locally, across the U.S. and the world.Saturday, 13 October 2012, 7:30 pm
602 N. Wilmot Road (at 5th Street)
Free will offering. Suggested donation $15.00.
• Anna Gendler, violin, is a graduate of the Moscow Conservatory in Russia, and has been a member of the Tucson Symphony Orchestra since 1991.
• Carlie Rigg, violin, holds a Masters in violin performance, performs with many local chamber groups and has been a member of the Tucson Symphony Orchestra since 2000.
• Melissa Hamilton, viola, is a graduate of the Eastman School of Music, and currently performs with the Tucson Symphony and the Tucson Chamber Artists.
• Theodore Buchholz, cello, is the Associate Principal Cellist of the Stockton Symphony in California and is a member of the Tucson Symphony Orchestra.
For further information, please contact the St. Michael and All Angels Episcopal Parish office at (520) 886-7292.
Children 14 and under $4.00, adults $8.00
Concert Place, S Country Club Rd
Tucson, AZ 85716