Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Kurt Just, RIP

Dear Friends,

With sadness at the unexpectedly sudden news, but also with faith in the mercy and love of God, I regret to inform you of the death of my father, Prof. Kurt Just, in Tucson, AZ.

A close family friend spent the whole morning with my father on Saturday, June 18; but when another friend came to pick him up and take him to church on Sunday morning, June 19, he was found dead in his own bed at home. So he evidently died peacefully in his sleep, either overnight or late Saturday afternoon.

My mother, Sigrid Just, (age 87) is still living in Tucson, in the same Assisted Living home where she has received very good care for the past seven years; she seems to be taking the news well so far.

Kurt had just celebrated his 89th birthday last month, and he was looking forward to seeing my two older brothers (Stefan and Klemens) and me again in Tucson this Thursday, so that we could all celebrate Klemens' 60th birthday together. But God’s timing was evidently different, calling Kurt home to himself on Father’s Day.

My family is grateful that we will be able to celebrate a Memorial Mass together at 10:00 a.m. this Saturday morning, June 25, at the Newman Catholic Student Center in Tucson (1615 E 2nd St, on the corner of Cherry Street, right by the University of Arizona).

My father chose to have his body donated to scien
ce; so there will be no burial, just the Memorial Mass, and we will arrange for the internment of his ashes later this summer.

Thank you for your prayers for my father and all my family.
May he rest in peace!

Fr. Felix Just, SJ