Where: Saint Michael and All Angels Episcopal Church
602 North Wilmot Road, Tucson, Arizona 85711
When: 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM on Saturday, October 29, 2016
Mass (optional) @ 8:30 AM Lunch @ noon (free-will offering)
What: After our sessions had on 4 October and 13 December 2014 on global climate change and its likely impacts on the environment that sustains our lives, we meet now to review the science of global climate change and its projected consequences that impact our food supply. As a religious people, who pray for our daily bread, we seek understanding, wisdom and courage to take informed actions as good stewards of God’s creation.
Our five speakers on the different aspects of our chosen topic are:
• Katie Hirschboeck - Associate Professor of Climatology, Tree-Ring Lab, U of Arizona; National Catholic Climate Ambassador CatholicClimateCovenant.org
The science of global climate change: update on where we are now and perspectives on where we are headed
• Clark Hansen - Regional Organizer in Organizing and Grassroots Capacity Building, Bread for the World
Hunger: current status of global food production and distribution; likely scenarios from climate change; and possible responses to meet the global needs
• Marco A. Liu - Director of Advocacy and Outreach, Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona
Hunger: current status of local food production and distribution; likely scenarios from climate change; and possible responses to meet our local needs
• Angel Wang - Committee on Creation Care, Episcopal Diocese of Arizona
Greening Episcopal Churches – What are Episcopalians doing to help address climate change?
• John Leech - Associate Priest, St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, Tucson, Arizona
Theological reflections: spiritual context for environmental actions
In addition to general and group discussions, we will have opening, noonday and closing prayers.
There will also be information tables for different concerned groups including:
Bread for the World
Community Food Bank
Scraps On Scraps
Iskashitaa Refugee Network
Citizens’ Climate Lobby
RSVP by sending an email to email@example.com by 25 October 2016. Many thanks!