Once again, St. Michael’s Food Pantry is in need. To date we have 3 boxes of Mac and Cheese, 4 cans of green beans, 2 cans of peas, 3 cans of corn, 3 cans of soup and no peanut butter.
The need is great, but only be as generous as your circumstances will allow.
Your generosity is overwhelming!
• Taize Prayer Service – this Tuesday, September 6 at 6:45 PM in church. COME JOIN US! - Taize is offered the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month. All are welcome!
• Our second Sunday of the month Primavera Team needs a substitute to prepare a pot of chili occasionally. Please contact Joel Williams if you are able to help.
• Tucson Interfaith HIV/AIDS Network has two events in September. THIS Sunday, September 4th, “Fiesta” a fundraising event at the Doubletree Hotel, $10 in advance ($15 at the door) and Wednesday, September 21 from 1 to 5PM, Volunteer Orientation (held at Water of Life MCC church), cost $17. See Jon Rinnander for further details about either event of call TIHAN at 299-6647.
• Knitters and Quilters will meet Saturday, September 10 from 11:00 am until 1:00 pm. Will meet in the Womble Library, bring a sack lunch and join us for lively conversation and fellowship. Will be discussing making lap quilts for injured soldiers in the veteran’s hospitals. All are welcome!
• The “Academy of Theology” begins next Sunday, September 11, at 9:00 AM in the Womble Library. Participants should, if possible, purchase a copy of Miroslav Volf – “FREE OF CHARGE” (the title, not the price!) and read chapters 1 and 2 before class. All are invited.
• DO YOU BUY ON AMAZON.COM? St. Michael’s is now an Amazon Affiliate! Just click on an Amazon ad on this church blog or on our website (http://smallangelstucson.org), and St. Michael’s will get a commission on whatever books, music. videos, etc. you buy. It’s an easy way to help support the Church!
• Thank you for remembering St. Michael’s in your will.
• The September issue of The Messenger is now available! In this issue: a personal take on Science and Faith from Dr. Ke Chiang (John) Hsieh, school news from headmaster Barry Bedrick, a report from Guatemala by Ila Abernathy and much more! Click here for your copy!