TEAM I – June 9th – 24th with RN/midwife Kerry Griffin – 2 spaces available.
(extension to overlap one week with next team possible)
- Area Xeputul (3 communities reached on foot in a walking “gira”)
- one larger resettlement community
- one or two Nebaj-area resettlements
TEAM II – June 26th – July 24th
with RN Sarah Roberts and UA medical students – Full.
Backup applications still accepted.
- one resettlement community
- Areas Cabá and Santa Clara (7 communities, 2 ½ weeks, the most difficult walking)
- one Nebaj-area resettlement
TEAM III – Late July – August 9th with the coordinator, others – 3 spaces available.
- remaining resettlement communities.
- followup for patients with more needs.
Call or e-mail Ila Abernathy for additional information.
Photos: “Clinic,” resettlement Nuevo Amanacer Sumalito, walk out, Cabá;
hemoglobin testing, Cabá, with lead health promoter Pedro Bernal.