Please help us celebrate
- 60 years of prayer, service, and advocacy – from the dedication of the Church on Michaelmas, 1953 (when Wilmot was still a dirt road on the outskirts of Tucson), to the future.
- 20 years in solidarity with Mayan Indigenous in rural Guatemala.
And welcome honored guests –
The Rt. Rev. Armando Guerra Soria, Episcopal Bishop of Guatemala and Primate (Presiding Bishop) of the Anglican Province of Central America, representing 6 countries.
The Rt. Rev. Kirk Smith, Episcopal Bishop of Arizona.
Michaelmas Eve Concert – Arizona Baroque: a new University of Arizona ensemble, performs baroque music and song of 17th and 18th century Latin America, using early instruments.
- celebrate St. Michael’s Guatemala Project work
- explore Arizona border realities
- talk about migration from the perspective of conditions in sending countries.
The first Guatemala-born Episcopal Bishop and the first to ordain women in Guatemala, on August 11 Bishop Guerra was host to the Archbishop of Canterbury, symbolic head of almost 82-million faithful of the worldwide Anglican Communion, at Guatemala City’s modest Episcopal Cathedral.